- Create a provisioning template in your account.
- (Optional) Generate the device list, if you would like to name your device individually pre-deployment.
- Deploy and run.
- The device needs to support using a USB drive or SD card. Or there is a way you can push the configuration file to a specific location in the OS.
- The user used in the OS have privilege to run the installation and access to the USB drive or SD card.
If this is the first time you use OptiSigns, you can read here to get a better understanding prior to deployment.
Otherwise, let's dive in.
1) Create provisioning template
To create a provisioning template, you can either access it from the admin menu or use the link below.
Create a new provisioning template by clicking the "Create templates" button. If you want to auto step up WIFI at provisioning, you will need to create stored wifi first, the steps are covered later.
Then setup the template in the popup.
- Template Name: Name of your template, this is for you to distinguish it when you have multiple provisioning templates.
- Device Name Prefix: This is used to generate the device name during provisioning.
- Device Name Suffix: This is used to generate the device name during provisioning, the default setting will add timestamps as suffix.
- Folder: The folder you want to have the provisioned devices to be created.
- WIFI: Select from the stored WIFI, need to be created first. Only required if you want to setup WIFI during provisioning.
- Time Zone: Specify the time zone of the device.
- Tags: Specify the tags you want to associate to the devices.
- Initial Default Content Type: Used to set the initial content on the device after provisioning.
- Orientation: Set the orientation, landscape is the default.
- Sync Play: Used to set the turn on/off of the sync play feature. For more details of Sync Play feature, please click here.
- Location: Set the location of the device.
Once the template is created, it will be available under the list of provisioning templates, you can download the config file and it will be used later during deployment. The configuration file's name is "provisionting-template-<Your Template Name>.cfg"
2) (Optional)Generate device list
3) Deploy and Run
That's it! Now you know how to perform mass provisioning with OptiSigns.