Some Emergency Alert System or Emergency Mass Notification System do push out RSS feeds.
Using OptiSigns Emergency Feed app, you can have OptiSigns to listen to an RSS feed, filter for certain type of messages, target location, and if there's matching content, it will take over screens to display emergency messages.
When emergency is over, and the feed return blank, or no more matching content. OptiSigns will return to playing signage content as usual.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App"
- Name: Name of your assets, this will not be displayed on the screens.
- Target: Select Screens or Tags.
- Screens/Tags: Select which screens or group of screens (tags) you want to target for this emergency situation. (i.e. Fire in building/location 1)
- Content: the URL of your RSS feed
- Using Text Font, Color, Background Color, Text Alignment and Background Image, you can design the message as you desire (i.e. text showed up in the middle of the screen on top of your organization branded image template)
- Title Tag: Message title from the RSS XML feed, default is <title> - you can change if your feed is different
- Description Tag: Message content from the RSS XML feed, default is <description> - you can change if your feed is different
- Location (Screen Tags): Some RSS can pass locations tag (i.e. emergency in certain location only) default tag is <location> - you can change if your feed is different
- Filter content contain: you can filter for title, description content certain words only: i.e. fire, so if title, description contain "fire" (not case sensitive), then the app will trigger screen take over.
- Check RSS feed every: default is 10s