This app is similar to Microsoft Calendar app or Google Calendar app, but it gives you option to mix multiple calendars into 1 app, you can even mix multiple Google Calendar together with multiple Microsoft Calendar.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add "Calendar Mix"
- Name: Name of your calendar that you wish to see it labeled as within the OptiSigns platform. This name is internal to you only.
- Add Source: Click the Google or Microsoft calendar icon button to select your Google or Microsoft Calendar you want to mix. If you don't have any Google or Microsoft calendars app created, you will have to create them first. Read how to for Microsoft Calendar here, and Google Calendar here.
- Title: Title of the calendar, this will be displayed on your screen.
- Display Mode: Select the view of the calendar
- Schedule - Linear listing of every event in succession by time and date.
- Day - Listing the current day's event activity.
- Week - Listing the current week's event activity
- Month - Listing the current month's event activity
- Only Show Ongoing and Upcoming Events: Toggle if you would like your calendar app not display past events.
- List View: (only available if you select Schedule as Display Mode)
- Day: Get todays events.
- Week: Get current week's events.
- Month: Get current month's events.
- 7 Days: Get 7 upcoming days (including today) events.
- 30 days: Get 30 upcoming days (including today) events.
- Photo: Toggle this if you would like to display a photo with your Calendar. It will also activate a clock and current date to display as well.
- Text Color: text color of the display
- Font Size: font size of the display
- Start of week: (only available if you select Week as Display Mode) Enables you to choose either Monday or Sunday as start of week.
- 24 Hours Format: format time in 24h
- Auto Scroll: By default, the calendar will focus the display of events on current local time or your set time zone time. This can be less helpful if you anticipate viewers to be able to see all event activities of your calendar.
Toggle the auto scroll pans the schedule so that all times are viewable.
- Time Zone: select to use Device's time zone or your specified time zone.
- Theme: Light and Dark Themes are available as options.
- Show Location: Show the location of your calendar's event.
- Event Color: color you want the event to be displayed as on the screen.
- Weather: Entering location information allows weather information to be overlaid on your calendar.
- Scale: Select if you would like to see your temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
The app will also auto-adjust the format to a screen in portrait orientation (rotated screen):
You then can assign this newly created asset to your screens to display, or you can also use it in playlists, schedules, etc. like any other assets. If you need more information on how to set up & assign content to your screens click here.