To use LinkedIn app with any 3rd party app like OptiSigns you will need:
- Create a Company page if it is not existed. See how to here.
- If your LinkedIn account is not Admin of your Company page, link your account to your Company page by requesting Admin access. See how to here.
- Ask your LinkedIn Company page Admin to approve your request by going to Admin tools > Settings > Manage admins, select Role and click on Add admin to finish the requesting.
After that, you ready to use it with OptiSigns.
Singe view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add LinkedIn on your Account.
Enter your LinkedIn Wall information:
Name: Name of your LinkedIn Wall, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Company: Company page you want to use (if you have more than 1). Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the asset, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old asset and create a new one.
Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between LinkedIn posts. You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the LinkedIn app.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Moderation: This is option for you to moderate your content (show, hide certain posts), default is "Always show new posts" meaning all new posts are automatically show up, no review, approval needed. You can read more about content moderation feature here.
Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts
Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the LinkedIn app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be
Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the LinkedIn app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch posts and prepare your wall, so please be patient.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your LinkedIn Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.