Flash Message App allow you to quickly override your screens with a messages. This is useful for for quick Alert
Example use case: in a car dealership service waiting room, you would have your normal marketing playlist playing, but when a customer's car is ready, you can flash a message like "Mr. Joe, your car is ready!" on the screens for a moment. Then return to playing the normal playlist.
Here's high level feature of the Flash Message App:
- Target flashing 1 or group of screens, you can select multiple screens, or all screens with certain tags
- You can flash Asset, Playlist, Templates or a Simple Message on the screen
- Flash Immediately or schedule into the future
- Set duration how long the Flash message should stay on the screen (before returning to play the normal content)
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Instagram on your Account.
Select Flash Message App:
Set up your Flash Message:
- Name: Name of your Flash Message App, this is the name in your asset list and will not be displayed on your screens.
Target: you select the screens you want to target, or screens that has certain tags. Learn more about screens tagging here.
- Tags / Screens: select the tags, or screens you want to target when message is activated.
- Content: Select what do you want to display when Emergency Message app is activated. You can upload your own message (images, PowerPoint, video, etc.) or select templates and select one of our templates
- Message: If you select Simple Message, you can enter your message here, set text color and background .
- Flash Duration: how long you want the message to be displayed on the screens. Default is 180s or 3min.
- Flash Time: set when you want to flash, Immediately or some time in the future.
- Timezone: set the timezone if you choose to flash in the future.
If you select Templates for your Content, this Editor screen will appear. Select a template and edit to your liking. Then Save it.
Then click Save.
This will be saved as an Image in your asset library, and assigned to your Flash Message App.
When the Flash Message is activated.
The screen tab will show that it's playing the Flash Message:
It will also be showed on your asset list as Activated, and when it will expire.
You can Expire it immediately by click ... button and click Expire Now
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Flash Message App, and know how to activate it.