Sometime you have content behind a website that requires log in, such as your project schedule in Atlassian's JIRA, Trello, dashboard behind Tableau, Salesforces, etc.
It can either be Browser Popup or Gated Website (like below)
The solution is simple, you just need to:
- Copy the link to the page, dashboard you need to display.
- Put it in Website app in OptiSigns
- Then put the asset on your screen or in playlist as any asset
- When it show up on your device, just use your mouse & keyboard to enter in username and password (remember to save credential, for Fire TV, you may need a Bluetooth mouse & keyboard to pair and type these information in).
- If you don't have a Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, you can use a USB HUB adaptor connect with your mouse & keyboard.
That's it, the credential will be saved, and every time OptiSigns play the link, it will show the secured information inside the website.
Enter the Website URL:
Note: Browser Popup kind of password is not supported for Android, FireStick player. Only Windows, Linux, MacOS, Raspberry Pi, ChromeOS are supported. The app will pop up a window for you to enter password:
You can also prefilled password in your URL for the Browser Popup case such as: