Microsoft PowerPoint is a very popular ways to create and share your presentation. You can also use it on your Digital Signage screen.
There are 2 ways to use PowerPoint with OptiSigns
1) Just upload the PPTX file, and OptiSigns will convert and display on your screen (pros: can play offline, just upload files, cons: no transition effects, when there are changes, you need to upload the files again)
2) Use PowerPoint for Web (online) (pros: full PowerPoint Transition effect, you can make changes to the PowerPoint file and screens will update automatically, cons: need internet connection to display)
This article will walk you through how to set up option 2:
Upload your PowerPoint to OneDrive and changes to your PowerPoint can be automatically updated on your screens.
If this is the first time you use OptiSigns, you can read here to get set up.
Otherwise, let's dive in.
1) Create and prepare your PowerPoint
First, create or upload your PowerPoint file to your Microsoft OneDrive and Open it.
Then on the File tab of the Ribbon, click Share, and then click Embed.
To create the HTML code to embed your file in the web page, click Generate
Under Embed Code, right-click the code, click Copy, and then click Close.
Note: Auto-advance slides in PowerPoint, you need to open the file in the Microsoft PowerPoint Desktop app, and follow 2 steps:
- Open Transitions tab > Advance Slide, uncheck "On Mouse Click", check "After" & enter the number of seconds (for all slides)
- Open Slide Show tab > Set Up Slide Show, in the Advance slides section, "select Using timings, if present"
2) Add PowerPoint Online App on OptiSigns
Go to our portal: https://app.optisigns.com
Click File/Assets, then click Apps, search and select PowerPoint app.
There are two options to enter your Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Copy and paste your Microsoft PowerPoint embed code directly.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account, and select your PowerPoint file.
Option 1: Copy and paste your Microsoft PowerPoint embed code directly.
Name: for you to remember, you can use the same PowerPoint slide's name.
Embed: Paste in your Embed Code.
Update Interval: default is 600 seconds (10 minutes). This means the app will refresh the link every 10 mins for any changes in your presentation. If you have a lot of slides, you may want to change this interval to something longer.
Option 2: Sign in with Microsoft Account
- Name: This is the name to organize assets, it will not be shown on the screen.
- URL: This is the PowerPoint link that is auto-generated.
- Speed: Select how fast you want the slide to switch between slides. You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Force Sync Interval: By default, the system will force sync every 12 hours. The minute is 1 hour.
That's it, you have created a PowerPoint Online.
Anytime changes made to the PowerPoint Online workbook, the screens will be updated by the update intervals.