This article will show you how to display Microsoft's Calendar on your big screens TVs with OptiSigns.
The app works with both Office 365 Calendar and Outlook.com Calendar.
[Updated 4/24/2020 -- OptiSigns has revised the Microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar app and it is now even simpler to use!]
Find and Select the Microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar app within the apps list:
The following window pop-up should show.
Sign-in and authenticate the account you wish to use for Calendar sharing.
Once authenticated, you will need to enter the Calendar details:
- Name: Name of your calendar that you wish to see it labeled as within the OptiSigns platform. This name is internal to you only.
- Calendars: The dropdown will show all the calendars that are within the account. These can be calendars you created or subscribed to.
- Photo: Toggle this if you would like to display a photo with your Calendar. It will also activate a clock and current date to display as well.
- Display Mode: Select the view of the calendar
- Schedule - Linear listing of every event in succession by time and date.
- Day - Listing the current day's event activity.
- Week - Listing the current week's event activity (7-day listing)
- Enables you to choose either Monday or Sunday as start of week.
- Month - Listing the current month's event activity
- Start of week: Enables you to choose either Monday or Sunday as start of week.
- Auto Scroll: By default, the calendar will focus the display of events on current local time. This can be less helpful if you anticipate viewers to be able to see the schedule at all hours of the day.
Toggle the auto scroll pans the schedule so that all times are viewable.
- If you select Auto Scroll, you can limit what time of the day you want to show (i.e. 9AM-5PM, Instead of the default 00:00AM - 11:59PM)
- Theme: Light and Dark Themes are available as options.
- Weather: Entering location information allows weather information to be overlaid on your calendar.
- Scale: Select if you would like to see your temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
The app will also auto-adjust the format to a screen in portrait orientation (rotated screen):
You then can assign this newly created asset to your screens to display, or you can also use it in playlists, schedules, etc like any other assets. If you need more information on how to set up & assign content to your screens click here.