Apple TV is one of the most cost efficient way to get your digital signs going if you're just starting.
Before we get going, a few limitations you should take note.
1) OptiSigns Player on Apple TV supports:
- Images, Videos, Documents
- Canvas, Templates, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive apps
- Playlist, Schedule
- Portrait, Landscape mode, screen rotation
2) Not supported: (these are the limitation specific to Apple TV Platform)
- All other apps such as Social Media, YouTube, News, Streaming videos, etc.
- SplitScreen display.
To install OptiSigns on Apple TV, there are 2 high level steps:
- Install OptiSigns channel/app on your Apple TV
- Using OptiSigns's web portal to assign content and manage your screens
1) Install OptiSigns channel/app on your Apple TV
Search for Optisigns on the Apple store.
Go to the search and type in "optisigns"
Click "Get" the OptiSigns app
After the OptiSigs app finishes the installation, you can click Open
It will show the pairing code on your screen.
You now can go to our portal at: https://app.optisigns.com/ to pair the screen.
Once you logged in Click "Add screen" button.
In this pop-up, type in the Pair Code showing up on the OptiSigns App. Then Click Pair.
The Optisigns App will change to:
Now you are ready to upload and assign content.
2) Using Optisigns' Web portal to assign content and manage your screens.
1. Upload video/ image to your account:
Log on to your account. Click Files/ Assets
Click Upload Files
In this pop up, click to browse the file or drag and drop your files here.
2. Create a Playlist:
Go to Playlist Tab: Click Create Playlist A "New Playlist" will appear at the bottom on the screen. Click on it.
Click on the pencil button to change Playlist name.
Change it to something meaningful for you. In this case, we will name it "Lobby TV Playlist"
Drag and drop Video/Images that you uploaded to the playlist.
When you done, it should look something like below.
You can click on the pencil button next to the item duration loke below to change the duration of the item on the playlist.
3. Assign the playlist to your screen:
Go to the Screen tab.
Click "Edit" button on the screen you want to change.
Click the Type drop-down list and select Playlist.
Click the Selected Playlist drop-down and select the playlist you've created. In this case we select "Lobby TV Playlist"
The Screen will be updated.
If you want to change the playlist, add, remove Video/Image, change duration, etc.
You can go back to Playlist tab and make the change to the playlist.
The device will update automatically.
You can also start using Apps like Google Slides or set up Schedule for your content.
If you have feedback on how to make the how-to guides better, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org