Sometimes you have requirement to show a certain website and have it scroll or zoom in a certain way.
Advanced Website App is the solution for that, it will allow you to:
- Set the app to scroll down & up the web page, or just scroll to a certain location
- Set scrolling speed
- Set the app to zoom in/out
Let's jump in and get started:
Go to File/Assets -> App, search and select Advanced Website App:
Set up your Advanced Website App:
- Name: name of your Advanced Website App, this is only for use in File/Asset list, it will not be displayed on your screen.
- URL: the URL link to the page you want to display.
- Scroll Type: You can select
- Down & Up: the app will scroll the web page down, and then scroll up.
- Scroll to: the app will jump to a certain location on the web page
- Speed: how fast you want to scroll, you can also customize the speed.
- Page Height: enter the number in Pixel. This is needed because the app does not know how long a web page is, also some web page like social media has infinite scrolling.
- Zoom: depend on what kind of your website's content, zoom may help the content to be displayed better on your screens.
- Update interval: default is 10 minutes. This means the app will refresh the link every 10 mins for any changes of your website.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Preload: if you want to show your Advanced Website App to user instantly (when you put it in a playlist), you can set preload value (by seconds), the app will preload the URL in the background.
- Render Engine: if your website is not displayed as expected, you can change between three different webview: Normal, CrossWalk or Advanced Webview on FireStick Normal, FireStick 4K or Other devices.
Click Save to save your asset.
You can preview how it look by clicking the "Preview button".
Congratulation! You have created your Advanced Website App.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created app to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.