To use Slack app with any 3rd party app like OptiSigns you will need:
- Create a Slack workspace. See how to here.
After that, you ready to use it with OptiSigns.
Chat log view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Slack on your Account.
Enter your Slack Wall information:
Name: Name of your Slack Wall, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
Channels: Select list of channels you want to display. Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the asset, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old asset and create a new one.
Message Filters: Show all messages, pinned messages or only messages with @OptiSigns. Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the asset, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old asset and create a new one.
Theme: Select Slack, Light or Dark Theme.
You can select Photo and set Text Color for your Slack Theme.
You can also customize your background and text color if you select Custom.
Speed: (only available if you select Social Kiosk View or Timeline View as your Display Mode) Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between Slack posts. You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Slack app.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Moderation: This is option for you to moderate your content (show, hide certain posts), default is "Always show new posts" meaning all new posts are automatically show up, no review, approval needed. You can read more about content moderation feature here.
- Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts.
- Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Slack app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be.
- Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the Slack app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch posts and prepare your wall, so please be patient.
How to send message to OptiSigns from Slack:
- Show All: send all messages from your Slack channels to OptiSigns Slack app.
- Only Pinned Messages: only send pinned messages from your Slack channels to OptiSigns Slack app.
- Only @OptiSigns Messages: only send message with @OptiSigns in content from your Slack channels to OptiSigns Slack app. (We do not fetch other messages.)
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Slack Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created Slack walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.