The Social Mix app allows you to mix your posts from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter in a single social wall.
This article will guide you through how to create and use the Social Mix app.
The below is an example of what to expect using this app.
Or slide by slide view of social posts.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add the Social Mix app to your Account.
Enter your Social Mix information:
- Name: Name of your Social Mix Wall, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Add Source: Add the source for your social mix, you can bring in Facebook, Instagram Personal, Instagram Business.
- Display Mode: Select Single Post View, Social Wall View, or Social Kiosk View, or Bricks View. Click on the links to see live example.
- Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
- Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between posts.
You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Social Mix app.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts.
- Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Social Mix Wall app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be.
- Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the Twitter app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
- Show QR Code: Select whether you want the QR code to link to the Twitter Page URL or you can select a Custom URL which you can determine what type of code type you want to generate and link to.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch posts and prepare your wall, so please be patient.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Social Mix Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.