Putting YouTube Channel on your digital signs screens is easy with OptiSigns.
You just need to copy the YouTube Channel Link and paste in the YouTube Channel app in OptiSigns.
This article will guide you through how to create and use a YouTube Channel App.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App".
Click YouTube Channel app:
Enter your YouTube Channel information:
- Name: Give your YouTube Channel a name. This is for displaying in your asset list only. The app will try to get the video's title and use it as a name, but you can change it to something else.
- URL: Paste the link to your YouTube Channel here.
- Caption: If the YouTube video has a closed caption, the app will show it. Note: closed caption must be created by the YouTube video author, auto-generated caption may not work.
After Saving, you can Preview videos to verify.
NOTE: YouTube has made some changes to the way they format their channel URLs. There are a couple of extra steps we may need to follow to obtain the correct URL. OptiSigns YouTube applications will not work with the new URLs formatted with the channel name. (YouTube.com/channel/@[ChannelName]) We need the URL with the channel ID.
Here is how to obtain it.
- Navigate to the YouTube channel that you would like to display.
- Right-click on the page and select the "View Source" option
- You will be directed to a page with the same URL as before just containing the "view-source:" prefix. Press (CTRL+F) on your keyboard to use the find function.
- Copy and Paste "https://www.youtube.com/channel/" into the find function search window. The first result highlighted by the find function will be the correct URL with the channel ID that is needed for the OptiSigns YouTube application.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have added a YouTube Channel video.
You can assign the newly created YouTube Channel asset to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assigning the wall to the screens that you want.
You can put the YouTube Channel to a Playlist, Schedule too.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com