This feature is available for Pro or above subscription plans.
With OptiSigns you can enable tracking of playback of your contents.
When Proof-of-play Report is enabled, the screen will report the starting and ending timestamp of each asset it played.
You can also include Assets Tags and Screens Tags that will allow you to create complex aggregated reports.
- Track starting, ending timestamp of each assets played
- Data can be collected real-time or by upload interval (useful for cases where you have devices with limited internet, and only do a "drive-by" once a week/month to collect data)
- Slide & dice report in your admin portal: https://app.optisigns.com/app/playbackReport
- Reports can be filtered, saved and scheduled to email to any email addresses
- Raw data can be exported for your custom reporting
Here's an example of how the Playback Report look:
Here are the high level steps to set up and use Proof of Play report.
- Setup: Enable Proof of Play feature on your account
- Setup: (Optional) Setting Tags to your Screens, Assets (This is not required, but will help you filter for your data)
- Using Report: Slide & dice your data
- Using Report: Save & Schedule reports to be emailed out (future release)
- Export Data: Schedule data export & download data
Let's jump in and get started:
1. Setup: Enable Proof of Play feature on your account:
You need to be on Pro or Enterprise plan, if you are not and interested, please contact email@example.com
Once you are on Pro or Enterprise plan:
Go Account Settings -> Proof of Play
And check "Enable Playback Reports"
By default, screens will update data in real-time as assets are played.
If internet is disconnected, data will be saved locally and will be synced to server automatically when the device come back online.
If for some reason, you don't want real-time data (i.e. to reduce network usage during day time, or if you do "drive-by" data collection once a while). You can unchecked Real-time option and select an upload interval of your choice.
Once enabled, within a few minutes, all of your screens will start sending back proof-of-play data.
You can now go to Analytics tab to view the report.
2. Setup: (Optional) Setting Tags to your Screens, Assets
This step is optional, but it's usually useful for you to set tags for your screens and assets it will make reporting, grouping data later on easier.
- To set Tags for Screens, just go to Screens tab, Edit your screens and type in Tags. Read this article for more details.
- To set Tags for Assets, just go to Files/Assets tab, select the Assets and click the tags button, then type in your tags. Read this article for more details.
You can changes, update your tags any time and use them right away in report, data export.
If you change, update tags; data, report that already exported will not have the changes, but you can re-run the report, data export to include the new tagging changes.
3. Using Report: Slide & dice your data
Go to Analytics tab to view & analyze your report.
Select Date Range & Filtering Data:
By default, the report is ran for last 7 days for all of your data.
You can filter by click the Filter button and set date range.
You can also select Assets or Screen Tags you want to filter for.
Once the report is ran, you can also use the Search box to filter for data.
For example below we looking at all the assets names contained "food"
Add more fields/columns to the report:
You can export report to CSV, Excel, or PDF.
Save & Open Report:
You can save the report variant (i.e. Filter for last Month, for certain Advertiser's assets), and then quickly re-run these report later.
4. Using Report: Save & Schedule reports to be emailed out
You can also Save & Schedule report to be emailed out on Daily, Weekly or Monthly interval and a certain time. This is useful if you have many advertisers that you need to send reports to on regular basis.
5. Export Data: Schedule data export & download data
You can configure OptiSigns to regularly export your raw data for
Here's how a data export looks like:
OptiSigns' Proof of play or Playback Report give you real-time insight into playback of your assets on screens. You have the flexibility of slice & dice the data in your the Portal or schedule raw data export for your own analysis.
You can also schedule report to be automatically sent to your emails.