Kiosk Lite app, also formerly known as the Interactive Kiosk app, allows you to let your screens play a set of contents, but when the user taps or clicks on the screens, a website URL will be loaded, and the customer can interact with it.
This is useful for the kiosk use case, where a standard advertising, or promotion playlist can be played, and when the customer touches the screen, they can interact with a website to enter their information, or browse catalogs, etc.
This feature is supported on iOS, Androids, Windows, Linux, MacOS, Raspberry Pi, ChromeOS, and BrightSigns devices. In addition, the Kiosk Lite app is only available through our Engage and Enterprise plans.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Engage page
Click on "New App"
Select Touch Screen Kiosks → Select App
Select Kiosk Lite → Build
Enter your kiosk information:
- Name: Name of your Kiosk Lite App, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Playback Type: Select if you want to Asset or Playlist as your standard content.
- Select Asset/Playlist: Pick the asset or playlist you want to play as your standard content.
- Kiosk URL: The URL of the web page you want to load when the customer touches the screen.
- Preload Kiosk URL: If checked, the app will preload the URL in the background, and show it to customers instantly when the customer touches the screen. This is good for user experience, but if you have animation or dynamic content on your web page, you may want to disable this.
- Show Touch Here Icon: Show the Touch Here icon blinking on the screen. This is useful to grab customer's attention and invite them to interact with the kiosk.
- Touch Here Icon: The default is a pointer hand icon, but you can upload your custom icon.
- Touch Here Icon Size: Set how big the size of the touch screen icon should be.
- Touch Here Icon Location: Set where you want the touch screen. You can set it to Top Left, Ton Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right, or show up randomly on the screen.
- Touch Here Icon Blinking Rate: Set how fast you want the icon to blink on the screen
- Advanced setting: Returned URL: If you are showing a lead capture form, and when the user finishes the app it automatically returns to playing the standard content. You can paste the URL where the user is redirected to after they submit the form here. (i.e. https://www.example.com/form123/thank-you) then the app detects this URL, and it will return to playing standard content.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Kiosk Lite app.
Note: Integrating the Kiosk Lite app into a Playlist may not offer an optimal user experience, as the content may inadvertently advance to the next item on the Playlist before completing their interaction with the touch screen. For a more seamless user experience, we recommend placing your playlist within the dedicated Kiosk Lite app.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org