Instagram Business or Creator account gives you significantly better access than normal Consumer account. You can:
- Display post from your profiles
- You can display posts from any public profiles (i.e. https://www.instagram.com/arsenal)
- You can display the recent and top posts
- You can also follow, monitor up to 30 hashtags
To use Instagram Business app with any 3rd party app like OptiSigns you will need:
- create new or convert your existing Consumer account to Business or Creator in for free an a few clicks. You can always switch back, and it's also not require any legal business documents. See how to here.
- Link you Facebook Page to your Instagram Business / Creator account. See how to here.
After that, you ready to use it with Optisigns.
Singe view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Wall view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Instagram on your Account.
Click Instagram Business:
Yes, it is Facebook's requirement that you link your Instagram Business account to your Facebook account to use it with 3rd party app like OptiSigns.
Enter your Instagram Wall information:
Name: Name of your Instagram Wall, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Page: Page you want to use (if you have more than 1). Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the asset, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old asset and create a new one.
Post Type: Select if you want to use an Instagram Profile or Hashtag. Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the asset, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old asset and create a new one.
Profile/Hashtag: Depend if you select Post Type is Profile or Hashtag, you will put the profile (for example https://www.instagram.com/nasa/ put nasa) or hashtag (for example https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/houstonrockets/ put houstonrockets). It is recommended to search, check Instagram first to avoid typos.
Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between Instagram posts. You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Instagram Business app.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Moderation: This is option for you to moderate your content (show, hide certain posts), default is "Always show new posts" meaning all new posts are automatically show up, no review, approval needed. You can read more about content moderation feature here.
Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts
Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Instagram Business app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be
Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the Instagram Business app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
Show QR Code: Select whether you want the QR code to link to the Instagram Business URL or you can select a Custom URL which you can determine what type of code type you want to generate and link to.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch posts and prepare your wall, so please be patient.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Instagram Business Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com