Since Roku is a device designed for streaming, it's limited in processing power, storage and capability. This article describe the limitation in term of using the device for Digital Signage application.
1) OptiSigns App on Roku supports:
- Images, Videos, Documents
- Canvas, Templates, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive apps
- Playlist, Schedule
- Portrait, Landscape mode, screen rotation
2) Not supported: (these are the limitation specific to Roku Platform)
- All other apps such as Social Media, Youtube, News, Streaming videos, etc.
- SplitScreen display.
- Roku has small storage, be mindful of how much content you would like to cache on it.
- Advanced features of playlists such as shuffle, and background music.
- Advanced features of the designer tool such as animations, transitions, and widgets.
- Advanced features of schedules such as default content.
In summary, currently, you can reliably use the OptiSigns app on Roku to display images slide shows, and playlists.
Other features will not function correctly due to the limitations of the Roku platform.
If you have further questions, or feedback please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.