Roku comes with many new Smart TVs, such as the 55' TCL for $299 on Amazon.
It is one of, if not the most cost efficient way to get your digital signs going.
Before we get going, a few limitations you should take note:
1) Beta limitations (our Roku app is in Beta, and these limitation is planned to be lifted)
- Only work with images, videos & playlist of images
- Portrait mode is supported
- Schedule will be supported
2) Roku platform limitation (these are the limitation specific to Roku Platform and will not change once we are out of beta)
- OptiSigns apps will not work on Roku (Social Media, Google Slides, Youtube, etc.)
- Roku has small storage, be mindful of how much content you would like to cache on it
To install OptiSigns on Roku, there are 3 high level steps:
- Install OptiSigns channel/app on your Roku
- Set OptiSigns as screensaver so it will start automatically with Roku
- Pair your screen with OptiSign portal and start assigning content to it
1) Install OptiSigns channel/app on your Roku
There are 2 ways to install Optisigns on your Roku:
1- Push install from your PC.
Just like installing any other channel, on your PC, you can use this link https://my.roku.com/add/optisigns
And add it to your devices.
2- Search and install from Roku
On your Roku TV, Search for OptiSigns Channel.
Add the channel
2) Set OptiSigns as screensaver so it will start automatically with Roku
Then go to Roku's Settings -> Screensaver and make sure OptiSigns is set as screensaver, and change wait time to 1 min. This is to ensure OptiSigns will start every time Roku start up.
3) Pair your screen with OptiSign portal and start assigning content to it
Then you can launch OptiSigns channel to start configuring it
First time when launched, you will see this screen:
*NOTE: If you already set OptiSigns as Screensaver, waiting 1 min. If you stay on this screen for more than 1 min, your screen will turn black, don't worry, just press OK on your remote, it will bring back this screen.
to pair the screen and start assigning content to it.
For detail steps click here.