RSS feeds is a popular way for organization to push out information. Whether you have a well-know RSS feeds like from the New York Times or one from your local community or company, you can put the feed on big screens TV with OptiSigns.
Viewer can scan the QR code to be taken to the news article.
This article will guide you through how to create and use RSS app with OptiSigns.
Below are example screenshots of how it look on your screens, you can view a live example here:
You can also use RSS feeds as Scrolling Strip like this. After creating the RSS feed app, you can read more info on Scrolling Strip here.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: https://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add RSS feeds on your Account.
Click RSS app:
Enter your RSS feed information:
Name: Name of your RSS Feed app, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
RSS Feed URL: an RSS feed format URL such as: https://rss.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/World.xml
More RSS feeds from the New York Times here.
More RSS feeds from CNN here.
Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between RSS feed items.
- Show QR code: Display the QR code for the RSS feed.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the RSS feed.
- Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts.
- Date Format: Select the format for your date.
- Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Instagram Wall app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be.
- Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the Instagram Wall app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch the RSS items and prepare your feed, so please be patient.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your RSS feed wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.