You can now publish your Microsoft PowerBI Dashboards to large screens with OptiSigns.
In this article we'll show you how to link your Power BI Dashboards on OptiSigns.
Here are the high level steps:
- Prepare your Dashboard for sharing
- Add Power BI app on OptiSigns
- Assign it to your screen
If this is the first time you use OptiSigns, you can read here to get set up.
Otherwise, let's dive in.
1) Prepare your Dashboard for sharing
We're assuming you already have a Power BI dashboard that is built out and ready to showcase to your team members or audience on a large screen.
In Power BI, Go ahead and click on Share on the top right of your Workspace.
Once opened, navigate to the bottom of the side bar menu and copy the sharable link as shown below.
2. Add Power BI on OptiSigns.
Now, it's time to add an instance of the Power BI app to your OptiSigns account.
Go to our portal: https://app.optisigns.com
Enter your Power BI app details
Name: Name of your Power BI app instance, this is the name of the app in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
URL: Paste in the Dashboard URL you copied in Step 1 here.
- Update Interval: Select how often you want the app to check for an update to the Dashboard. The Default is 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- Login to PowerBI: In order to view your dashboard on any screen, OptiSigns requires you to authenticate via the pass-through to Microsoft's Power BI service.
Once you are authenticated your app instance should look like this.
Now you are ready to display. To confirm it is setup appropriately, you can preview it.
3. Assign it to your screen
Now you can choose to assign your Power BI app instance either directly to a screen or as part of a Playlist and/or Schedule.
That's all! Congratulations!
You have created your Power BI App Instance.
You can change the instance any time by editing it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can follow the same process to put any other Power BI dashboard on OptiSigns.
For additional assistance with Power BI usage
Check out this guide here: