This article will guide you through how to create and use Instagram Wall app.
Instagram app will display your Instagram Profile on the screens. If you would like to display other public Instagram profile or Hashtag, you will need to use Instagram Business app (this is Facebook's policy, and you can create Instagram Business/Creator account for free).
You can create Instagram Wall with Single or Wall view.
Singe view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Wall view screenshot is below, you can view a live example here:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Instagram on your Account.
Enter your Instagram Wall information:
- Name: Name of your Instagram Wall, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Display Mode: Select Single Post View, Social Wall View, Social Kiosk View, or Bricks View. Click on the links to see live example.
- Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
- Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between Instagram posts.
You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Instagram Wall app.
You can click Advanced and set:
- Moderation: This is option for you to moderate your content (show, hide certain posts), default is "Always show new posts" meaning all new posts are automatically show up, no review, approval needed. You can read more about content moderation feature here.
- Filter Posts: By Time (i.e last 30 days) or by last XX number of posts.
- Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Instagram Wall app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be.
- Continue Playing Content in Playlist: In the playlist, the Instagram Wall app plays 10 items in the 1st round, and it will start with #11 item in the 2nd round.
- Show QR Code: Select whether you want the QR code to link to the Instagram Wall URL or you can select a Custom URL which you can determine what type of code type you want to generate and link to.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to fetch posts and prepare your wall, so please be patient.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Instagram Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.