If you already have:
- A catalog of products for your customers
- A library of videos and documents for your employees
Turn it into an interactive kiosk within minutes!
Think of it like organizing computer files with folders.
- The root folder serves as the central directory for all your content, with subfolders acting as categories or themes for an organized structure.
- Subfolders act as containers for your materials, making it easy to find and access specific content, resulting in an organized and user-friendly experience for your audience.
In this article, we'll show you how to create a Content Library Kiosk to transform ordinary waiting periods into immersive and entertaining experiences, benefiting users and enhancing overall service quality in diverse settings.
Note: This feature is available in the Engage plan.
Ready to get started? Then, let's jump in:
Before you create the content library kiosk app, you must have a content library created or prepared on our Files/Asset page. Once you have your content library ready, you can begin to create your content library kiosk app. Please follow steps below:
To add a Content Library Kiosk, go to Engage -> New App
Select Touch Screen Kiosks. Then, go to the next step to Select App
On the Select App page, click on Content Library Kiosk app then continue to Build.
On the Build page, you will have several key features that you can customize and configure. Let's dive into each configuration detail:
- Name: A unique identifier for the asset, not visible on the kiosk
- Header: The title displayed on the content library kiosk.
- Custom Logo: A personalized logo that can be added to the interface.
- Root Folder: The main directory where content is organized. Required field.
- Featured Folder: A designated directory showcasing highlighted or prominently displayed content. You can only choose featured folders that are within your root folder. In Carousel Explorer View, the featured folder will be displayed at the top of the kiosk page.
- Display Mode: Choose a layout for showcasing content.
- Carousel Explorer View - Folders within the root folder are presented in a rotating carousel format, while individual contents within the root folder will display below it as tiles.
- Content Explorer View -Folders within the root folder are presented at the top as long tiles, with individual contents within the root folder displayed below as tiles.
- Tile View - All contents, regardless of whether they are in folders within the root folder, will be displayed as individual items and in tiles.
- Portrait Mode: This setting will turn all your content orientation to a vertical display.
- Sort By: Criterion on how your content will be displayed on the kiosk based on the assets created within the folders.
- When No Network: Options for behavior when the kiosk is offline.
- Do nothing - leave as-is
- Disable Web Assets - Any assets requiring the web will still be visible but disabled until the network is restored.
- Hide Web Assets - Any assets requiring the web will hidden until the network is restored.
- Close Icon Location - Location of where you would like the Close (X) icon to display on your kiosk screen; choose 'None' if you do not want the close icon to display.
- Theme: The visual style applied to the kiosk interface.
- Font Size: Specify the size of the text within the interface; set to Default
- Font Family: The chosen typeface for text elements.
- Timeout Asset Viewing: Set duration in seconds before automatic closure of displayed assets
- Timeout Browsing: Set a time limit in seconds for user inactivity before returning to the main screen.
- Background Image: Customize the image for the kiosk background.
Once you have set your configuration settings, click Review to continue to the next page.
- On the Review page, you can review all of your configuration settings and preview the screen before committing your changes. You can also preview in full screen by clicking on 'Preview Full Screen' at the bottom.
Click Assign to continue to the next page.
- On this page, you can assign your content library kiosk to a screen or screens with a specific tag.
When ready, click Complete.
From here, you could either Return to Apps or Start a New App.
Quick Tip When Creating Content Library in Files/Assets Page:
The content library kiosk app typically uses folder names as titles on the screen. However, when there are individual files without folders, there might be no header.
To add one, click the three dots in the top right corner of the folder containing the individual files or assets, then choose 'Edit Folder Description.'
This description will appear on the kiosk screen to describe the list of individual files.
That's all! It's just that simple!
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org