Live TV with Ads (Pro + Enterprise Plan only) allow you to pop in ads of your choice on top of on going live TV.
This can help turning your existing Sports Bars, Waiting Room TVs, etc. into revenue generating devices.
Localized, relevant ads like below is proven to increase sales.
Before we get started, a few points on how to best use these type of pop in ads:
- Make your ads visible, but obstructive. While you can place the ads anywhere, it's better to place in the corners (bottom right, top left, etc.) instead of middle of the screen.
- Make the ads jiggle, this will capture much more attention (see how below).
- Make time based, localize ads (i.e. $2 off beers in next 30min) which will create a sense of urgency and proven to have better conversion.
- Place it on TV program that people actively watching (Sport is great example).
How to use Live TV with Ads app:
What do you need to set this up:
- Hardware: player, TV Capture device: ~$400-$500
- Software: OptiSigns Pro plan
- Your own TV Set top solution
First set up your Live TV with OptiSigns. You can follow this guide.
Next create Live TV with Ads app.
Go to https://app.optisigns.com/
Log in & Click File/Assets
Find Live TV with Ads app and click on it
Set up configuration for your Live TV with Ads app:
- Name: Name of your Asset, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Ads Playlist: If you have more than 1 ads, you can make a playlist as your ads collection.
- Ads Interval: How often the ads should be played. It's a good idea to have the Ads not to show up constantly, but pop in every few minutes.
- Resolution: Resolution of your TV playback. Recommended to leave at 1920x1080 (even if you have 4K TV as 4K Live TV capture is complex)
- Position: Where the ads will be played (Bottom Right, Top Left, etc.) or you can customize your own
- Ad Size: How large the ads should be on your screen
- Scale Ad: If the ad is not fit in your ad frame. i.e. your ad frame ratio is 16:9 and your ad is 9:9, what should the player do: Nothing, Fit, Zoom or Stretch?.
- Play for: How long the Ad should be played on the screen (This setting determine how long the ads will be played, not the Playlist duration)
- Rest for: To avoid constant ads playing, you can set this value so there will guarantee rest time between ads
- Animation: Select how do you want the ad to be animated in. This will help to grab attention. Good effects are: Tada, Jello, Wobble, Swing, Rubber Band. You can select Random for randomize of animation effects.
- Ad Background: Background of the ad zone if your ad image has transparent background. Default is transparent and recommended to leave as transparent.
Live TV only shows up if you have Live TV capture set up
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Live TV with Ads app.
You can assign it to your screens now and start promoting your business & increase your sales!
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or just submit a ticket here.