With OptiSigns Pro and Enterprise plan, you can enhance your branding by mapping your own custom domain for OptiSigns Management Portal.
For example: you can map your sub-domain: login.abcmedia.com so that your users can log in and use portal from login.abcmedia.com and use the app like screenshot below.
Let's jump in and get started!
1) Activate your OptiSigns sub-domain (in this example: abcmedia.optisigns.net):
Go to Branding page of your Account Management Settings:
Type in your desired sub-domain for optisigns.net. In this case we type in "abcmedia".
Don't worry about optisigns.net, you will map your own domain in the next step.
2) Map CNAME alias for your domain/sub-domain:
In your Domain DNS management, map your desired domain/sub-domain to your OptiSigns sub-domain using CNAME Alias.
In this example we map: login.abcmedia.com -> abcmedia.optisigns.net
Refer to your domain host documentation for more specific details.
Here are the generic steps:
- Go to your domain’s DNS records.
- Add a record to your DNS settings, selecting CNAME as the record type.
- Return to the first window or tab and copy the contents of the Label/Host field.
- Paste the copied contents into the Label or Host field with your DNS records.
- Return to the first window or tab and copy the contents of the Destination/Target field.
- Paste the copied contents into the Destination or Target field with your DNS records.
Your record should look similar to one of the tables below:
Record type Label/Host field Time To Live (TTL) Destination/Target field CNAME login 3600 or leave the default abcmedia.optisigns.net
- Save your record.
CNAME record changes can take up to 72 hours to go into effect, but typically they happen much sooner.
Here are link to documentation from some popular domain host:
3) Activate SSL for your sub-domain
Once you have done step 2, return to Branding page:
Enter the domain/sub-domain you have configured in Step 2 in Your domain section.
In this example we use: login.abcmedia.com
Then click Activate.
This will trigger the process on OptiSigns side to activate SSL for your sub-domain. This will ensure that your user can us HTTPS: i.e. https://login.abcmedia.com to use the app.
This process can take up to 24-48h to complete. And you will be notified via email once it's done.
Once you got notification that your SSL is activated, you can start using your own domain/sub-domain (i.e. https://login.abcmedia.com).