Using OptiSigns national weather alert app, you can now subscribe the weather alert from national weather services. You can select a region that you would like to show the weather alert, OptiSigns weather alert app will listen to the ATOM feed published by the national weather services, you can also filter for certain type of messages, target location, and if there's matching content from the ATOM feed, it will display the weather alert message on the screen.
You can put the national weather alert app on the main screen zone or the ticker, the app will adjust automatically and fit to the screen. You can also set a default content, so that when there is no alert from the national weather services, it will display the default content on the screen.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App"
- Name: Name of your assets, this will not be displayed on the screens.
- States/Type/County/Zone: This is for you to select the area that you would like to get the weather alert.
- Theme: Select Light theme or Dark theme.
- Speed: Set the scrolling speed when it is used in a ticker.
- Font Size: Set the font size of the alert when it is used on the main screen zone.
- Default Content: Select a default content, when there is no alert from the ATOM feed, it will display the default content instead of a blank screen.
- Scrolling Strip Font Size: Set the font size of the alert when it is used in a ticker.
- Use Urgency, Severity, and Certainty to control the filter of the weather alert, these are standard attributes of ATOM message from national weather services. By default, the app will be triggered on all values, if you have selected values, the app will be triggered only on the selected values.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or just submit a ticket here.