To use Meeting Room widget (Microsoft Meeting Room) with any 3rd party app like OptiSigns Designer app you will need:
- Set up room mailboxes. See how to here (section Set up room and equipment mailboxes). Ensure the Auto accept meeting request option is turned On.
- If your Microsoft account is not Global administrator, you need to ask your Global administrator to delegate access for room resource’s calendar to your account:
- Going to Microsoft admin center.
- Navigate to Resources > Room & equipment.
- Click the room name and click Edit or Show all in Delegates section.
- Select your account in Manage delegates and click Save changes.
After that, you ready to use it with OptiSigns Designer app.
Sample screenshot is below:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Microsoft Meeting Room on your Account.
Enter your Meeting Room Widget information:
- Room: Select room you want to display. Important: you can only set this one time during the creation of the widget, if you want to change this later, you should delete the old widget and create a new one.
- Left, Top: position of the widget.
- Width, Height: size of the widget.
- You can refresh the Calendar data (updated from your Microsoft Calendar Meeting Room) or Replace with a new Meeting Room Widget (keep other formats: style, time zone, theme...).
- Simple: Show one ongoing / upcoming event of today.
- Detail: Show three ongoing / upcoming events of today.
- Time Zone: Set time zone displayed on the widget.
- 24 Hours Format: Set format of time for the widget.
- Theme: Select Light, Dark of Custom Theme:
- Custom Theme:
- Font Size: Set font size for the widget.
- Font Name: Set font name for the widget.
- Text Color, Background Color, Background Secondary Color: Set color of text and background for the widget.
- Custom Theme:
- Opacity: Customize and optimize the opacity of the background so that the text stands out effectively.