Chrome devices are very stable, and provide excellent performance, they can also be managed by Googles Chrome Device Management that will simplify your large scale deployment, ensure enterprise security, and reduce device management overhead. You can learn more about Google's Chrome Device Management here.
Set up OptiSigns Player on your device with Chrome Device Management
1) Setting Up ChromeOS Digital Signage Players for Automatic Provisioning with OptisSgns.
2) Using OptiSigns' Web portal to assign content and manage your screens.
So let's dive in!
1) Setting Up Optisigns on ChromeOS Device as a Digital Signage Players
First, you need to use Chrome Enterprise and Single App Kiosk Mode. This allows you to managed Chrome devices to boot directly into the OptiSigns application. You can remotely manage the devices, update security patches, update OptiSigns application, and set up in Kiosk …etc.
1 Chrome Enrollment and Set up
1.1 You need to have Google Enterprise Single App Kiosk Licenses
Chrome Enterprise is Google's management system, and it lets you manage multiple Chrome devices through a single interface. You check here for purchasing Chrome Enterprise licenses.
1.2 Enroll your ChromeOS Digital Signage Players
Click here for Google Enterprise instructions to enroll your devices.
2 Add Optisigns app to your devices
Once your Chrome Device is enrolled in Chrome Device Management, you can add OptiSigns to your Google Device via Device Management Portal
- Go to Google Admin and login to your Google account
- Click “Devices”
- Click “Chrome devices”
- Click on the "Chrome" at the top left of the page
- Go to“Apps & Extensions”
- Select your "Organizational Unit", "Kiosks" and then "Add Chrome app or extension by ID"
- Enter Optisigns ID: ankpffnbahhgegojammhgdnbmdbfnnfe in “Add chrome app or extension by ID"
- Once the Optisign has been added, set the app to Auto-launch, and SAVE it
- Go back to the Chrome Management page, select Device settings:
- In the Device settings, go to the Sign-in settings section, and set the following:
- Guest mode to “Disable guest mode”
- Sign-in restriction to “Do not allow any user to sign in”
- User data to “Do not erase local user data”
- Go to Kiosk settings section, set the Managed guest session to “Do not allow managed guest sessions”
2) Pair the app with OptiSigns portal & assign content.
If you set up Kiosk mode correctly in previous step, OptiSign App will be launched automatically when device is started, and it will generate a pairing code like below.
You now can go to our portal at: https://app.optisigns.com/ to pair the screen.
Once you logged in Click "Add screen" button
In this pop-up, type in the Pair Code showing up on the OptiSigns App. Then Click Pair.
The OptiSigns App will change to:
Now you are ready to upload and assign content.
1. Upload video/ image to your account:
Log on to your account. Click Files/ Assets
Click Upload Files
In this pop up, click to browse the file or drag and drop your files here.
2. Create a Playlist:
Go to Playlist Tab: Click Create Playlist A "New Playlist" will appear at the bottom on the screen. Click on it.
Click on the pencil button to change Playlist name.
Change it to something meaningful for you. In this case, we will name it "Lobby TV Playlist"
Drag and drop Video/Images that you uploaded to the playlist.
When you done, it should look something like below.
You can click on the pencil button next to the item duration loke below to change the duration of the item on the playlist.
3. Assign the playlist to your screen:
Go to the Screen tab.
Click "Edit" button on the screen you want to change.
Click the Type drop-down list and select Playlist.
Click the Selected Playlist drop-down and select the playlist you've created. In this case we select "Lobby TV Playlist"
The Screen will be updated.
If you want to change the playlist, add, remove Video/Image, change duration, etc.
You can go back to Playlist tab and make the change to the playlist.
The device will update automatically.
You can also start using Apps like Google Slides or set up Schedule for your content.
If you have feedback on how to make the how-to guides better, please let us know at: email@example.com