Interactive Kiosk app allows you to let your screens play a sets of contents, but when user tap or click on the screens, a website URL will be loaded and user can interact with it.
This is useful for Kiosk use case, where a standard advertising, promotion playlist can be played, and when user touch on the screen, they can interact with a website to enter their information, or browse catalogs, etc.
Here's an example where promotion content played for men's suite.
When user touch on the screen, it will load a catalog for user to browse more.
Let's jump in and get started:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Instagram on your Account.
Click Interactive Kiosk:
- Name: Name of your Interactive Kiosk App, this is the name of the wall in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Playback Type: Select if you want to Asset or Playlist as your standard content.
- Select Asset/Playlist: Pick the asset or playlist you want to play as your standard content.
- Kiosk URL: The URL of web page you want to load when user touch the screen.
- Preload Kiosk URL: if checked, the app will preload the URL in the background, and show to user instantly when user touch the screen. This is good for user experience, but if you have animation or dynamic content on your web page, you may want to disable this.
- Show Touch Here Icon: show the touch here icon blinking on the screen. This is useful to grab user attention and invite user to interact with the kiosk.
- Touch Here Icon: default is a hand icon, but you can upload your own icon.
- Touch Here Icon Size: set how big the size of the touch screen icon should be.
- Touch Here Icon Location: set where you want the touch screen. You can set it to Top Left, Ton Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right or show up randomly on the screen.
- Touch Here Icon Blinking Rate: set how fast you want the icon to blink on the screen
- Advanced setting: Returned URL: If you are showing a lead capture form, and when user finish want the app to automatically return to playing the standard content. You can paste the URL where user re-directed to after they submit the form here. (i.e. https://www.example.com/form123/thank-you) then the app detect this URL, it will return to playing standard content.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Interactive Kiosk App.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
Note: Interactive Kiosk cannot be put in a Playlist as it does not make good user experience for user to touch the screen, haven't finish their interaction, but the Playlist move on to next item.
It's better to put your playlist in Interactive Kiosk app.