With OptiSigns Screen Share App, you can turn any conference room's TV into Digital Signs, and also allow user to present from their laptops to those screens without needs of cables or extra hardware.
Here's high level steps:
- Create Screen Share app
- Assign it to your screen
- Users in the conference room open present.optisigns.com in a browser, enter the 4 digit code on the screens and start presenting.
You can set up your screens to show the full ScreenShare app like this:
Or put the Screen Share app in a bottom strip of a Split Screen like this:
Let's jump in and get started:
1. Create Screen Share app
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Screen Share to your Account.
Click Screen Share app:
Enter your Screen Share app information:
- Name: Name of your Screen Share app, this is the name of the app in your asset list. It will not be displayed on your screens.
- Title: Enter a Title to be displayed on your screen. For example: "Welcome to Conf. Room N719"
- Message: Enter a message to be displayed on your screen. Could be some instruction or rules on how to use the room.
- Expires in: The 4 digit presenter codes by default is set to expire every 10 minutes. This is for security reason, so someone cannot save the code and use it days, weeks later.
- Background Playlist: by default, the app play a few images in the background beside aesthetic purpose, it could also help prevent your screens from having stuck pixels. You can select your own playlist too if you'd like. Note that only images will be played.
- Text Color: Default is white, you can pick other color if you'd like.
After Saving, you can Preview the wall. It may take several seconds for the app to load.
2. Assign it to your screen
3. Present / Share your screen:
When the app run, you will see the 4 digit presenter code on the screen like below:
Full screen mode:
SplitScreen's bottom strip mode:
Go to present.optisigns.com
- Your entire screen (you will need to select the screen then click share, see 1, 2 in below screenshot)
- A certain Application
- Or a certain Tab on your Browser
That's all! Congratulation!
You have created your Screen Share Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the created social walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.