You can push your YouTube Live broadcast to your screens with OptiSigns simply by copying the Youtube Live link and paste it in OptiSigns YouTube Live app.
Before we start, it's important that you understand that each time you go live with an event, YouTube generate a new link, if you have pasted an older link in OptiSigns, it will not play your new event.
So, there are a few best practice on how to use, maintain YouTube live to work with an app like OptiSigns:
- You can keep your YouTube Live link alive by keep broadcasting some content in loop (usually you can broadcast your logo, tell viewers about your organization, or when the next event will start)
- Create a new YouTube Live link some time before your event, and push it to OptiSigns. You can create it 1 or few hours ahead, also fill it up with filler content like when the event will actually start.
For example NASA has kept their stream live since Dec 2018.
To copy the video link, please right click on the video and click "Copy video URL" because some live event have different URL pattern that may not work. The URL needs to look something like this: https://youtu.be/21X5lGlDOfg
Here's detail steps by steps:
First, you will need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
Go to Files/Assets, Click on "App" and add Instagram on your Account.
Click YouTube (or YouTube Live):
Enter your YouTube Live video information:
- Name: Give your YouTube video a name. This is for displaying in your asset list only. The app will try to get the video's title and use as name, but you can change it to something else.
- URL: Paste the link to your YouTube Live video here. Important: it needs to look something like this: https://youtu.be/21X5lGlDOfg
- Caption: If the YouTube video has closed caption, the app will show it. Note: closed caption must be created by the YouTube video author, auto generated caption may not work.
After Saving, you can Preview the video to verify.
That's all! Congratulation!
You have added a YouTube Live video.
You can assign the newly created YouTube asset to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the YouTube Live Video to a Playlist, Schedule too.