To help you quickly set up & update your signs, OptiSigns offer:
- Template Library: collections of hundreds of ready to use templates from restaurants to retails to offices uses.
- Canvas: an app to create, edit template to become your own signs
This article will guide you through:
- How to browse, select your template to edit
- Editing the design to make it your own
- Assigning your design to your screen
- Adding high quality stock photo, icons to your design
- Adding QR Code to your signs
- Create your own templates to share with your team
Let's jump in and get started:
To access Template Library, just go to https://canvas.optisigns.com/
Or you can click on Canvas in OptiSigns app list.
Here, you can search, browse to find the template that meet your need.
Click on any template to preview & click on Use this template to start editing.
This will open the Canvas Designer and you can start editing your Design.
You can rename the design by clicking on the name on top bar.
Assigning your design to your screen:
Once a design is created, it is just like any images you upload to your OptiSigns File/Asset.
You can go to the Dashboard (app.optisigns.com) Click Edit Screens and assign your design to it.
For detail guide to set up your screens and assign content, click here.
Adding Stock Photo to your design:
Click on the "Photo" button on the left hand side menu to open Stock Photo section.
You can search for photo and click to add it to your design.
Stock Photo is powered by Unsplash with 1.5M and growing number of photos.
Adding icon/elements to your design:
You can add icons, elements to your designs by clicking the "Element" button on the left hand side menu.
There are 1000+ well designed icons to browse, search and choose from.
Click on any icon to add it into your design.
You then can further edit its size, color, opacity, etc. by clicking on the icon once it's in your designs canvas.
Adding QR Code to your sign:
QR Code is a great way to get more value out of your signs.
You can create QR code for variety type of actions, here are some good examples to go with Digital Signs:
- Open your website URL
- Call a phone number
- Send an SMS Text message, you can even pre-fill some information
- Take user to App Store to download an app (it will auto detect Android or iPhone and take user to the appropriate places)
- Take user to follow your Facebook, Instagram, or other social media pages
- Let user connect to your Wifi
- and more ...
Create your own templates to share with your team:
You can make your designs a template for your team to use by clicking "Your Template" on the left hand side menu.
Then click "Add Current Design as Template".
This will make a copy of your current design and set it as template. Now other users in your team will be able to see and use this template just like any standard templates provided by OptiSigns.