There are situations where your organization may need to set an asset to become Live or Expire at a specific date and time. This powerful feature gives you the flexibility to prepare custom, time released assets to your existing schedule, playlist and for sub-assets assigned within the Splitscreen.
What does that mean for you?
Retail Example: Your retail establishment has a standard schedule of marketing assets all week but on special holidays (e.g. Black Friday), there is a time sensitive promotion that needs to be shown when it begins and expire afterwards and no longer show after the promotion ends.
This article will guide you through how to create and set an asset's Live/Expire status.
Below is example screenshot of where to find this feature:
Let's jump in and get started:
- You need to have your screens set up and paired. For more information on how to do that, click here.
- Then log on to our portal: http://app.optisigns.com/
- Go to Files/Assets, Click on 3-dot menu on the top right of the asset to adjust the status.
- The below menu will pop up.
- Live Time
- Live Immediately - The asset is immediately available and will display if already deployed within a schedule, playlist or directly assigned to a screen.
- Live At - Set a date and time for the asset to be available for use within schedules or playlists.
- Expire Time
- Non Expiring - The asset is always available after going live and will continue to display if the asset is already deployed within an existing schedule, playlist or directly assigned to a screen.
- Expire At - Set a date and time for the asset to default to be unavailable after expiration. In order for future re-use, you must re-enter a new Live At date in the future.
- Timezone - Set the appropriate time zone that relates to the asset status.
- Delete Option - Checking the box will delete the asset after expiration.
- Live Time
- Click Save.
- If you have not already, assign the asset into an existing Playlist, Schedule, Splitscreen or even directly to a screen.
Once the Live/Expire status setup is complete, the asset will indicate when it's scheduled to go live and if it was previously set to expire.
That's all! Congratulations!
Note: This asset status change does immediately affect existing playlists or schedules where the asset has been previously been placed.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or just submit a ticket here.