This article will guide you through how to create and use a Weather Wall app.
Wall view screenshot is below, you can see a live example here.
Let's jump in and get started:
Go to App screen and select Weather:
- Name: This is the name to organize assets, it will not be shown on the screen.
- Scale: Fahrenheit (F) or Celsius (C).
- Use Device Setting's Location: Detect the weather on the device location setting. Read more here.
- Location: You can use a city name, zip code, and select from the dropdown helper.
- Language: You can set the language in the weather app.
- Date & Time: Set to selected theme's Default settings.
- You can customize the format of the date & time for both Normal and Scrolling Strip.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Weather Wall app.
- Theme: You can select from a list of the pre-designed themes. There are samples of how the theme will look like.
You can also customize the theme with any color you want, especially useful if your company, organization have color branding requirement.
You can click Advanced and set:
Scrolling Strip Font Size: If you put the Weather Wall app to a SplitScreen zone that is a scrolling strip, you can set how big you want the scrolling text to be.
- Lock Location: Lock the weather location to the bottom left or right on Scrolling Strip.
- Wind Spead: mpg, m/sec, or km/h
If you'd like you can preview the weather wall before assigning to your playlist/screen.
Congratulation! You have created your Weather Wall.
You can change the wall any time by click on it in the Files/Assets tab.
You can assign the newly created wall to your screen by going to Screens, click Edit screens and assign the wall to screens that you want.
You can put the Weather walls in a Playlist, Schedule too.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org