With Pro Plus and Enterprise plan, you can dynamically map data from Google Sheets or Microsoft 365 Excel to each of your screens.
This is useful for cases where you have data changing frequently and/or differ from location to location. Here are some common use cases:
- Restaurant Menu, Promotion where prices, availability changes and/or differ from location to locations
- Retail, Hospitality promotions, messages
- Employees birthday
- Employee recognition, scoreboards
You can use our Designer to turn the price into a Dynamic Data Mapping, then map it to Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel Sheets.
You can also use Zapier to integrate with your POS, Inventory management, HRIS, or other systems to Google Sheets to automate your pricing, availability changes, or employee engagement data.
- How to use the data mapping feature with Google Sheets, can click here.
- How to use the data mapping feature with Microsoft 365 Excel, you can click here.
Some frequently asked questions about Dynamic Data Mapping:
1) Can I map data from Application XYZ?
Yes, you can use Zapier to automate data from your application to update the Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel Sheets generated by OptiSigns. Zapier has thousands of integrations to many apps POS, HRIS, Employee engagement, sales, customer support, project management, etc.
2) How quickly the screens will be updated from the time data is changed in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel Sheets?
Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel do not have published SLAs on how fast webhooks will be called. Usually, when the changes is small (affect a few rows) it's less than 1 min, but sometimes, it can take longer. Especially if you are making a lot of changes to the Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel Sheets, it can take a while for Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel to send updates.
3) Does it require my device be connected all the time? What if the device lost internet?
Internet connection is required to push the changes through, but if the device does not have internet, it will just keep playing old data.
4) What's the easiest way to get image URL?
You can upload your image to Files/Assets just like any other files and copy the URL to use in your mapping.
If you have any additional questions, concerns or any feedback about OptiSigns, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org